Saturday 7 June 2008

My Protector

It's Day - 5 and I expect to get Clofarabine in around an hour. Unfortunately my liver functions have started to climb more quickly than I hoped, so the doctors are going to have to decide what to do with the planned chemo. The bloodwork I just had drawn a few minutes ago will help determine that. In the meantime, I continued to feel just a bit more tired but managed yet another pass last night, which is fantastic.

Today is the first of four days my brother receives GCSF, the growth factor that causes his bone marrow to overproduce stem-cells, to enable collection on the 11th. So I dedicate this posting to him for his continued effort to protect me from harm.

My brother is intelligent, hard-working and handsome. He has a photographic memory that always made me envious in high-school and university.  He loves being a father to Jack and Davis and is a dedicated husband to Dana. We have always been good friends. He is a natural communicator and businessman. He loves animals, especially minature schnauzers, and is very compassionate. He takes on way more than he should but is successful. He tells stories and describes people in a way that always makes you bust a gut laughing. He loves Froot Loops and still holds three provincial swimming records set over 20 years ago. He has always protected me and would beat the crap out of anyone who tried to hurt me. Including leukemia. In a few days he'll donate his bone marrow again for me. I love him so much.

8 comments:

Cher said...

Thinking of you - sending you strength and health. My girlies and I have been keeping you in our prayers at night.

Cher

barb said...

Hi Tricia,

Thank you for your continuing updates! You are doing amazing! We send our love to you, your mom and dad, and Brandon and Dana and the twins as you await your blood results and Brandon prepares!

Barb

ed said...

Thank you Tricia, your reports fill my heart with love. Yes! Brandon rocks. I've always loved the little guy. It was a highlight to see him at the reunion. As MaryEllen would say... what a guy!

Your team are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, prayers and Qi

Uncle Ed

kbub said...

Hey Tricia.

You and Brandon are an inspiration (or two inspirations?). Keep us posted on your progress. Now go kick some a$$.

BJ said...

Dear Tricia,

Thank you for the update. And a special toast to Brandon. He is one of our heroes. You and your family are uppermost in our thoughts and prayers these days.

Love, BJ

Sonia said...

Hi Tricia,

Great dedication to Brandon...we are with you both 100%, you both are amazing!

Keep up the good work guys...

That is a great picture of the two of you!

Love Sonia

Louise and David said...

Wow, Tricia,
We had no idea that we would have so much first-hand news of you when we returned from Dorset. Thanks for taking us step by step with you on your journey as far as you possibly can.

The pictures are a wonderful addition to your entries. You are always beautiful, Tricia, and that's a particularly nice photo of you and Brandon together. The image of him as your protector gives us even more confidence that he can "beat the crap out of leukemia" with you.

Dave and I had a wonderful time with his family in the Dorset area. With each passing day we wondered how you were doing. Imagine how thrilled we were to find your very own updates on Tricia's Tides. You are amazing!

24/7 Love and prayers,
Louise and David

Mary Ellen said...

Thanks again Tricia.
I love your dedication to Brandon and my admiration for him is huge.What a good picture of "sister and brother".
We're thinking of all of you and continuing to send our love & prayers.

Lots of love,
Mary Ellen & Bob xoxo