Thursday 25 May 2017

A good week and uncertainty

This week has been a good week overall.  I had a wonderful birthday Sunday with a beautiful and delicious cake as you can see - Jack and Davis were away with their dad so it was Talyn, Tasha, Andrew and Mom and Dad.  The next night mom, dad and I dined at the Keg near their place so that was also great.

Tuesday I had my 5th radiosurgery appointment and also had an appointment with Dr. Voroney.  I had expected to get another schedule of treatments and perhaps find out which of the 5 tumours (there were still remnants of the 2 larger ones that were surgical cut our a few weeks ago) had been treated.  My hope was that he wasn't going so say the one near my brain stem was to difficult to treat or something similar.

I found out instead that every treatment had been hitting multiple tumours and that my treatment Wednesday was my last for now!

So next steps are that I will see Dr Kelly my surgeon in just over a week and then get an MRI late August and see Dr. Voroney shortly after to review and assess next steps.  There is certainly the possibility that I will need to do more treatment or surgery depending on what the scan shows.  And the risk of seizures or other neurological incidents remains.  I can't drive for at least 3 months, and if I have a seizure that changes as well.  


The coming weeks will likely be a bit harder physically than the last week has been - the benefit and the effect of radiosurgery is delayed, so headaches, nausea, and continued tiredness and balance issues are very likely.  Mentally, it will be managing the uncertainty of how effective the surgery and treatments have been and what the 3 month scan will look like.  I also may require some medication for headaches which may affect my brain.  Still many unknowns.

After my treatment yesterday you can see me ringing the "last treatment" bell.  I had rung one similarly after my last herceptin treatment for breast cancer in 2015.  They didn't have such bells while I was doing treatment for leukemia.  I rang it pretty loudly.

I continue to be overwhelmed by everyone's wishes, thoughts, prayers and energy.  It has helped me tremendously while in hospital for the surgery and during the radiosurgery treatments.  I will continue to lean into your bubble of energy as I navigate the next few months.  

Cheers and love,

Tricia





12 comments:

Marcia said...

Hi there Tricia!

What a good message to get early this morning! So glad your treatments are done for now! You look great. I know you still need a bit more time to recover but I am visualizing good days ahead as well. Thank you for the update. Love and prayers always,

Marcia xo

Mary Ellen said...

Wow Tricia,
I love the pictures you posted. Awesome.
We continue our love and prayers for your daily recovery journey. We realize what a huge process this is, and like Marcia, I am visualizing all good stuff. Every time I think of you, I send light and energy.
You are incredible.

Love you lots,
Bob & Mary Ellen
xoxoxoxoxo

Louise and David said...

๐Ÿ’ŒDear Tricia,

We had certainly not expected to hear from you so soon into the second week of your radiosurgery.๐Ÿ“ข We are amazed to learn that the treatment is finished for now and that an MRI scan will not be done until the end of August. ๐Ÿ“ทNow, that's a picture we will be visualizing energetically until it is finally taken!

๐Ÿ”ฎIt makes sense that the effects and benefits of the radiosurgery will continue as the target areas of your brain respond to the radiation and heal, and as you recover from the rigorous procedures you've had to endure. ๐ŸจIn fact, it sounds like you are probably going to feel worse before you can start to feel better.๐Ÿ’ƒ We're sorry that is the case. We hope knowing what to expect will help you get through to the other side.☔

๐Ÿ””A "last treatment bell" similar to the one you rang yesterday was featured in two recent newscasts. It's a great idea! Not only do you have the joy of signaling an end to your latest round of treatments but others get to celebrate your victory with you๐Ÿ† and still others find hope for themselves in the ringing of the bell. No wonder you are smiling so!๐Ÿ˜Š

๐Ÿ“ทWhenever you include pictures of yourself, we are drawn to your warm smile. We become all the more convinced that you are winning this latest battle. As you navigate your way through the summer months, you can count on the daily support of our energy and love.๐Ÿ”ฅ Rest easy as you go forward in hope.๐Ÿšถ

๐Ÿ’ŒLove you lots,
Louise and David

BJ said...

Dear Tricia,

Thank you again for keeping us up to date. We are so glad to hear the good news and we continue to send our love, hope, prayers and positive energy your way.
Love, Bob and BJ

Claudia Haschner said...

Dear Tricia,
This really is good news! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Hopefully the sound of the bell will guide you into a healthier future...
Love and all the best,
your German friends ๐Ÿ˜˜

Unknown said...

Thank you for the update!
I ring "The Bell Of Gratitude" for the good news.
I continue sending love and prayers, MM

Michele said...

What wonderful news - a reprieve from the treatments - I hope you shook the walls with that bell ringing!
"When you are living the best version of yourself, you inspire others to live the best versions of themselves."
Love to you,
Michele

Bonnie Antonini said...

What a beautiful site to see! I'm with Michelle, I hope you shook the walls with the ringing of the bell!
I am praying the the next couple weeks brings you more of the good and less of the bad! We're with you here Tricia, sending positive vibes your way! We love you tons!๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ…
Rob and Bonnie

Sonia said...

Hi Tricia ๐Ÿค—

Glad to hear you had your last treatment for now and that you rang that bell ๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž your smile helps us understand what a great feeling that was!!

Praying you get your needed rest over the next few weeks. Thinking of you and admiring your strength and outlook ๐Ÿ‘.

Love Sonia

Marcia said...

Hi Tricia,

I hope you are resting well and weathering the effects of your treatment. Think of you so often and keep praying and sending love,
Marcia xo

Anonymous said...

Hey Tricia

It is amazing how you touch so many. I am so blown away by you.
The video was incredible. You truly are the star of the show. We love you.

Marty and Karen

Amanda Kanuka said...

Here's to more bell ringing in your future!
xo,
Amanda