Wednesday 25 June 2008

Lucky Day + 13

I arrived at the hospital early this morning after a beautiful rest in my own bed last night. While I still have to get up 6-7 times during the night, it's nice to walk on my carpet to my own bathroom, without unplugging my pole, rolling it, replugging it in while trying not to cross my IV lines, not to mention not being interrupted at midnight and 4 AM for vital signs and blood work. Ah, the luxuries of sleeping in your bed without an IV pole.

After blood work and a few IV transfusions, Dr. Chaudry made his daily appearance at my door. My blood counts were really good - both my platelets and hemoglobin reached normal levels, and my white count was still hanging in the normal range as well. Remarkable. His examination of my abdomen indicated further improvement with the typhilitis. In his nonchalant manner, he said I could go home until Friday morning (unless pain increased, a fever arose, and about 10 other signs), and perhaps by Wednesday next week I'd be visiting the OUTPATIENT Bone Marrow Clinic. UNBELIEVABLE. It was less than a week ago that the word "typhilitis" even came up, and my neutrophils were 0.1. While the next three months are still a big unknown, it is nothing short of amazing where I am at today.

So I am sitting on the sofa posting this, after having a delicious meal of salmon, grilled vegetables and potatoes with mom and dad on the deck in our back yard. It was my first solid meal in 2 weeks, and quite a change from the liquids I had yesterday. Life is sure unpredictable. Cheers and thanks for the energy.

14 comments:

barb said...

Hi Tricia!!! Wohooooo!!!! I am overjoyed (again) to hear that you are at home tonight and perhaps will be visiting as an "outpaitent" by next week!!! How wonderful it must feel to have a real, solid meal on the deck. Wow!

I will echo your words that it is nothing short of amazing where you are today, but I will also add that YOU are nothing short of amazing! Words cannot even describe how much you inspire, challenge, and amaze us with your heart of courage!!!!

Energy, love, vibes, and prayers are still storming you all day long!

Love you girl and love to Brandon and all.

Barb

BJ said...

Dear Tricia,

I was just heading off to bed and decided to check your blog once more. Imagine my delight at your news. Your journey so far has been remarkable and I hope that it continues in this wonderful manner.
Good night, sleep tight. Stay safe.

Love, BJ

kbub said...

Holy cow. That's fantastic!

Family, food and the great outdoors. Does it get any better than that? Keep it coming.

Mary Ellen said...

Yeee-Haw! More good news! I'm very happy to hear you can spend the next couple of days at home, Tricia. I'm sure you'll get way more rest there, and also enjoy all the other benefits of being at home. UNBELIEVABLE!!
Like Barbara said, "You inspire, challenge, and amaze us with your heart of courage".
Rest well and know we are continuing our love & prayers for your well-being.

WOW,
Mary Ellen xoxoxo

Bob Barker said...

ASTONISHING!!! ASTOUNDING!!!
AMAZING!!!

Sweet Little girls said...

Hey Trish

WHAT AMAZING NEWS!!!! I hope you have wonderful time and rest at home with your family!!! Eat, sleep and be merry!!!

Sheree Martin

Sonia said...

Tricia,

Great news girl!!

Sitting on the couch, posting and enjoying that wonderful meal - good for you!

Cheers!

Love Sonia

La ma tante préférée de l'autre said...

I think 13 is a lucky number and the news are again so unbelievable.
You've shown so much courage in this battle,you're the one that's unbelievable.
Getting rid of tubes and IV pole is a
accomplishment in itself .
Being home is a dream come true!!
Enjoy salmon and good home cooked meals!
It is hard to believe that you would already be an outpatient it sounds so good.
Keep going as you are ,you're on the right path.

Thinking of you and rejoycing at the news.

George and Dominique

Louise and David said...

Dear Tricia,
You said it, "Life is sure unpredictable". Just two weeks ago today, you received Brandon's cells and were prepared to row your way through the roughest of waters.

From the very beginning, this has been one exciting chapter in your life, Tricia. Your army of supporters has been lining the river, showing the colours and cheering you on from the sidelines. Your reports have kept us informed of your progress and focused on your needs. You have come such a long way in so short a time, and you have not skipped a beat.

Today's calm waters are better than we could have imagined. To hear that you are home with your mom and dad, eating regular food and sleeping in your own bed is unbelievable. That your blood counts have reached normal levels is one miracle we hardly dared to anticipate.

How can we tell you what we are feeling right now, Tricia? You are stunning! Your spirit is strong, your mind is keen, your heart is grateful and your beauty is more radiant than ever.

We realize that your journey goes on and that life is fragile. Please know that our support for you is firm and constant. Just for today, though, we celebrate this amazing news with pure joy.

Much love,
Louise and David

Unknown said...

Hello Tricia,

What wonderful news to hear, you are doing a wonderful job....Keep it up!!

Love Jenalee

Holly Gustafson said...

From my home to YOURS (hooray!), have another great day of continued improvement. Our prayers continue ceaselessly!

Melissa said...

Awesome Tricia! We are so proud of you and your family. Keep up the great work, we are here for you!

ed said...

Hi Tricia,

Your news is fantastic! I was thinking of you when I was in the chair today. Everything went great. Thank your doctors from your uncle Ed.

Love, prayers and Qi.

Ed

Anonymous said...

Tricia - Oh happy day! We are overjoyed by, and in awe of, your remarkable news. What your body and spirit have accomplished in these 13 days is nothing short of miraculous. We celebrate with you - cheers!
Love Michele & Brian