Tuesday 3 June 2008

Boys and Girls

Well I am checked in to Hotel 57. My room is just being re-cleaned, so I'm sitting in the "lounge" and thought I'd do a quick post.

This past Saturday, Tasha and I planned to head to Banff for the night, to have lunch, shop, see Sex in the City and chill out at a great hotel. Like everything we do lately, plans had to be adjusted! We had a great drive out, blaring tunes and laughing, until about 20 minutes outside of Banff, when Tasha started to feel unwell. She didn't get any better once we arrived and it seemed her symptoms were similar to the allergic reactions she's experienced on the chemo she's currently on. We ended up spending the afternoon at the Mineral Springs Hospital in Banff, and luckily Tasha was eventually cleared to return home, so we drove back to Calgary around dinner-time. Besides the exhausting and scary time in the hospital, Tasha was also a little ticked that our "girls weekend" was aborted and that our Sex in the City tickets would go unused. So, as Tasha does with everything, she had to come up with an alternative and purchased tickets to the show online for Sunday night, and included my mom in the fun! We had a great time, dressed up a bit and got the prime seats in the house while we watched my favourite city on the big screen and Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha with great clothes, shoes and fun. The energy in the theatre was awesome, with everyone cheering when the previews were over and the ever-familiar theme music coming on, to the applause at the end of the show. It's how we should approach every day, with the absolute hope and excitement that the day will be awesome, followed by applause at the end!

Sunday morning and afternoon was for the boys...Davis and Jack turned 2 and actually celebrated! They were enthralled by their new bubble lawnmowers, and laughed and danced to the Wiggles until they finally passed out.

They had me up dancing and playing guitar (even while I ate - no break for the band) and it was another great source of energy before admission to the hospital yesterday. In between the party and the movie, I was happy to have a quick visit with my aunt Marcia from Victoria/California and aunt Mary Ellen for some more positive energy!

Yesterday I officially got my hospital wristband, and while I've been doing this post I've had an ECG, bloodwork, vital signs done and anti-nausea meds. It's not quite 8:30 AM - at 9:00 am I start the first infusion of Clofarabine, a long-awaited first meeting of a friend of mine that I first met in New York City (or at least that's how I see it). We'll see how Clof and I get along...I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Louise and David said...

Dear Tricia,
It is always great to hear from you. This first posting from Unit 57 is special. You sound so upbeat and determined as you write about "Clof" as a friend. We hope that is truly the way that things work out for you!

You and Tasha did not let the cancellation of your Banff weekend dampen your spirits for very long. I'm glad that you got to see "Sex & the City" after all and to share the excitement of the people around you. It was great that Marie was able to join you for the evening and entertainment.

Judging from the pictures, Jack and Davis's second birthday party was a real hit. I had a feeling that their gathering would be double the fun because of their interaction and enjoyment. Their cake looks like a work of art. Thank you for all the pictures that add so much to your playful account.

You do sound energized by events, friends and family. I'm so glad that Mary-Ellen and Marcia brought an extra dose of it from your aunts. They are our ambassadors for the rest of us.

Tonight David and I are heading to Dorset for a short visit with his step-mother June, and her husband, Harold. We will not have access to a computer but you can be sure we will check all information sources on Sunday to see how you are doing.

No matter where we are or what we are doing, you will never be very far from our thoughts and prayers, Tricia. Take good care of your wonderful self!

Lots of love and Qi,
Louise and David

barb said...

Hi Tricia,

It is almost 2:00pm now on June 3, so you and Clof are well aquainted by now.....I am praying that it is a positive meeting.

Positive energy~~~~~~~anti-nausea~~~~~ and anti-side effect vibes are coming your way~~~~~~~~~~!!!

Loving you and thinking of you all the time.

Barb

Sonia said...

Hi Tricia...

Thanks for the post and keeping us updated... We trust Hotel 57 will keep good care of you...

We hope you and Clof get along just fine!!! How could someone not get along with you?? :)

Thanks for the great pictures of Jack and Davis, everyone looks like they had a great time!

We are sending good vibes your way too.

Love Sonia

La ma tante préférée de l'autre said...

How I love to read your blog!
You truly are an inspiration and I am now adding one of your quote to my famous quote book.

"It's how we should approach everyday,with the absolute hope and excitement that the day will be awesome,followed by applause at the end."

I get goose bumps reading it again.

Thinking of you

Dominique & George

BJ said...

Our love and prayers are constantly with you.

Love, BJ

ed said...

Our love and prayers are with you always.

Love and Qi, Uncle Ed