Friday 4 May 2007

Sunshine dreams

This being my third trip this year to a tropical location, I have now confirmed that I recover faster in the humid sunshine. My cough and cold is nearly gone, I feel far more energy than when I left, and I even have some golden arms and legs. Miami was wonderful, and our hotel location simply dreamy.

I arrived back from the dream late Tuesday afternoon, sleeping most of the evening after an early morning to catch the flight. Wednesday morning I went to the clinic early for blood work, to meet with my doctor and see about starting chemo again. All counts were normal, even my liver function test that has been abnormal since the fall. It turns out a break from chemo, and some sleeping by the pool and beach had recharged everything! I started day 1 again, so I am back on track for now. Thursday morning I had another CT scan of my chest, which they are doing regularly ever since my pneumonia last fall. I should have those results next week sometime.

Miami was a unique place, just as it is depicted on the movies and TV shows. Everyone dressed in string bikinis (not just on the beach), flashy convertible cars, palm trees, turquoise waters and people spending $$ like nothing! We spent a lot of time at our hotel, which was like a movie set - our routine consisted of heading to the pool or beach, where someone would set up our lounge chairs, get us a sun umbrella and bring us drinks and lunch while we lounge
d, swam, and people watched all day. I was amazed I could relax like that for so many hours doing nothing! We felt like we were crashing Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Like a dream. Dinners at some great places and drinks at some surreal bars. The one we liked the most had a shallow large pool cast between towering palm trees and candles lit everywhere - you took your shoes off and stood in the pool while sipping your drink!

Here are a few pics of us enjoying the dreaminess....the view from our balcony, us out for dinner on Lincoln Road, lounging at the beach and our view of the pool from the shady cabana couch (after too much sun!). I may have some more pics in a few days...Cheers


1 comment:

ed said...

Hi Tricia,

We're glad to hear your Miami trip was an energizer for you. You keep up your health we'll keep up the prayers.

Love Deanie and Ed