Friday 13 July 2007

A pleasant surprise





Today my dad picked up a pleasant surprise - his sister my aunt Louise! Her travel from Scotland to Regina took her through Calgary and she had several hours before her connection. Dad surprised her by arriving at the airport and taking her home with him...Marty and Karen stopped by and then Brandon, Dana and the twins Davis and Jack! She's now in the boarding room back at the airport...it was sure wonderful to see her as always! Such a great unexpected Friday party. Cheers

1 comment:

Louise and David said...

Dear Tricia,
Today I dropped in on Tricia's Tides for the first time since our Calgary gathering. Thank you for giving me such a delightful spot on your blog site.

Here in Regina, I have told everyone about my surprise Friday evening with family in Calgary. In the telling, I have relived the joys of: the moment that I saw Lui there in the airport (and wondered who he might be meeting); my in-car telephone conversations with you and Marie; getting my flight boarding pass and seat selection through you in the comfort of your home; our barbeque meal with Marty and Karen; seeing Brandon after so many years; my first meeting with Dana, Jack and Davis; and my music-rich drive back to the airport with Lui.

Such parties simply cannot be planned. They are all the more treasured because they are unexpected. Friday the 13th was my lucky day - and a wonderful prelude to our August reunion!
Much love, Louise